Friday, June 13, 2008

Uitsien uitsien uitsien!!


Wat bly, wat gaan saam? / What stays behind, what comes with?


MInette, daar sit jou muntstuk wat so ver gereis het! / Minette, there is your coin that has travelled so far!

Dis hoe ek vanoggend voel.

Alhoewel die sonnetjie skyn, is dit flouer as 'n verlepte herfssonnetjie in Suid-Afrika.

Maar dit pla nie want ek is besig om alles vir more se lang ry reg te kry. Uitpak, oorpak, eenkant sit, minder maak.

My GPS hou op werk op die Duitse grens. Met Anja se hulp het ek nou papierkaarte om my op die regte pad tot in Rusland te hou. Lekker! Rosi gee vir my tot padkos saam more. Al wat nou nog kort, is die rugby van more.

Vanaf more is dit weer die onbekende. Dis tog hoekom die swerwer sy kierie en knapsak vat en oor die volgende bult verdwyn. Dis juis hoekom die bult daar is.

Groete aan almal in die wonderlike Suid-Afrika (Tracey in Nieu Seeland, dankie vir die e-pos!) en geniet jul langnaweek!


I look forward to starting riding again tomorrow. At last!

Although the sun is shining it is a weak, autumn sun. There is something chilly in the air.


I don't mind about the cold breeze, because ... tomorrow it is me and the KLR again!

I spent this morning by packing, unpacking, cleaning, putting on one side, throwing away, and getting the feeling of days long gone by.


My GPS stops working at the German border. With Anja's help I got hold of all the maps up to Russia. It is back to the old days of stopping, getting out the map, comparing, and the question W D F A I? Do you know what it stands for?

Rosi even gives me padkos with! Like in South Africa. The only thing missing will be the vibrant atmosphere of Loftus tomorrow afternoon.


From tomorrow on it is going to be again the unknown. That is the reason why one travels. That is the reason why one packs a backpack, takes a kierie and disappears over the next hill. That is why there is a hill in front of you.

Regards to all of you in South Africa (Tracey from New Zealand, thanks for the email!) and enjoy your long weekend!


Lodie

No comments: