Friday, July 18, 2008

What was the purpose of Naboom2Germany?

Don’t read any further if you don’t feel like reading something with a deeper meaning.

Good day!

I often asked myself why I wanted to do a tour like this. The reasons at the time of my departure are still valid today.

Many thoughts haunted me over the past couple of weeks and I truly believe something else, new, will be come forth from my tour.

My love for South Africa and Africa forced me to go on this crusade.

The time has come that we as white South Africans become positive again.

Africa was good to me. In Africa I experienced more friendliness, hospitality and non-racial behavior than I ever could have imagined. People, and not necessarily their governments, are in essence good. The exceptions are exactly what the word means:

E X C E P T I O N

Why must it be different in South Africa?

We have an enormous crime problem. I don’t know the solution but as a Christian I know what may be one of the roots of the problem: Our disbelief and negativity while we claim to be Christians.

It is true that what we think, talk and do, comes back to us. If our hearts are filled with disbelief, pessimism and hopelessness, why shall we encounter anything else than bad things?

If I had believed that, while traveling across Africa alone, I would have been robbed or attacked I surely believe it would have happened.

My expectation was different. I blindly trusted the Lord in every day’s journey and I left it all in His hands. I did not ask that nothing bad would happen but rather that whatever would come my way I would be strong enough to handle it and find a solution. (How boring would have been the journey if nothing trying had crossed my path?)

The Power of Positive Thinking. Think “win” and you’ll be better off. Think “lose” and you don’t need to start any project.

Are we not binding the power of God by waking up with a negative spirit, by talking negatively, by expecting only the worst? I know if you are not a Christian, and I respect your convictions, this message may be irrelevant. I will rather hope the opposite. And, if you are a Christian or a believer how can we preach the Word of God but with our minds and our deeds betray it as we believe there is no future for us in South Africa?

Of course we can and must talk about crime and about the run-down state of cities, towns and hospitals. We may express our dissatisfaction, but if God exists how can we decide on His behalf that everything is lost?

I don’t like the idea of walking around, preaching, with the Bible under the arm, and I surely don’t want to do that to you. My experiences on Naboom2Germany force me to cry out now: There is Hope! Things can change! Human beings are good!

Don’t undo God’s works with disbelieve, hopelessness and by resignation. He is not a burglar and if a country declares, by means of its disbelief, God as not capable of performing miracles, then we will surely lose everything.


You have to believe AND live accordingly.
You have to search for the positive. It is there.
Become happy again.
Disregard any negative thought that may cross your mind.
Rely on God in totality and not on your own insights, perceptions or even neighbor’s silly chatter.

I would much rather fight crime this way than leave this wonderful continent.

(Should it happen that I am murdered in this country then my life up to then would at least have been filled with hope, peace and joy)

(Johannes Cronjé sent me this transaltion in English. Thanks pal!)

No comments: