Thursday, February 28, 2008

Weet julle wat 'n "doohickey" is?

(English below)
 
Een van die lekker dinge oor die toer is die baie mense met wie ek kontak kry. Sommige persoonlik, ander net per e-pos.
 
Ek het van ene Hein Bence 'n e-pos op 18 Februarie gekry. Daarin vra hy my of ek die KLR se doohickey vervang het.
 
Doohickey? Iemand kon my met 'n veer omslaan.
 
Op die internet vind ek toe uit dis die naam vir die "idler shaft lever".
 
Met meer lees vind ek toe uit die doohickey het op ouer modelle probleme gegee en is in die nuwe modelle nou verbeter. My fiets is nie oud nie en ook nie die nuutste model nie. Vir veiligheid gaan ek die ding vervang.
 
Hein, vir jou en al die ander wat e-posse gestuur het, baie dankie! Die klomp motorfietsryers is werklik 'n saamstaan klomp mense.
 
Vandag was dit 2 weke en 2 dae. Net twee weke en twee dae.
 
Reisgedagte:
 
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the places and moments that take our breath away.
 
 
 
One of the most pleasant things about Naboom2Germany are the many people that I meet. Some I meet personally, the others only via email.
 
On 18 February I received an email from Hein Bence. In the email he asked me whether I had replaced the doohickey on my KLR.
 
Doohickey? I was dumb-struck.
 
On the internet I found out that a doohickey is the idler shaft lever on the left side of the engine.
 
I started reading and saw that on the older KLR's the doohickey did give problems. On the newest model it had been replaced with a better, stronger lever. My bike is not old and is not the newest model. What now? For peace of my mind I am going to replace the doohickey.
 
Hein, to you and all the other people that sent emails, thank you! The friendship among the bikers is really something special.
 
This morning the clock showed 2 weeks and 2 days. Only 2 weeks and 2 days.
 
Travel thought:
 
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the places and moments that take our breath away.

No comments: