Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Anders

Dis wat my trek van reis: Om dit te sien en te beleef wat anders is. Waar ek groot geword het in die Oos-Vrystaat dra die Sotho vrouens hul goed op die kop. Bo in die Kavango het ek hierdie vrou afgeneem: Goedjies op die kop, selfoon om die nek.
 
This is what fascinates me about travelling: To see and experience the difference between me and you, but also to see how much we have in common. Where I grew up in the Eastern Free State the Sotho women carried their stuff on their heads. Now, up north in the Kavango I saw this lady, luggage on the head, cell phone around the neck.

1 comment:

Sophie Sexton said...

It's amusing to think of how primative this woman may appear in several ways - clothing, mode of transportation, etc., yet she owns a cell phone!