Friday, November 16, 2007

The little girl from Francistown


For my German friends this time a bit of English. The following photographs tell a story.


This year June on our trip back from the Zambezi I stopped in Francistown, Botswana, at dusk, waiting for my friends Jacques and Estelle to arrive. The cute little girl stood at the gate of their home, watching me, fascinated by the helmet and strange vehicle.


When I left, Estelle tried to grab her attention to take a photograph of her, without success. The girl watched the bike disappearing into the darkness.


Next year on my trip north I plan to spend the first night in Francistown. I am going to take a teddy bear with for the little girl, and that evening when I get there, my first task will be to surprise her with her new toy. Thanks Helen for offering to sponsor the teddy for the little girl!

No comments: