Thursday, January 24, 2008

Libya!

Abdul sent me an email again! I nearly went over the roof of our office building, for two reasons:
 
1. There is a small chance now that I can get a visa for Libya!!!
 
2. The cost of that is going to be ridiculous!!! I dare not tell you how much.
 
Included are the following costs:
 
- Visa for three (!!!) people
- Rental of a 4x4 for my "guide" for 7 days
- 5 nights hotel accommodation and 6 nights for the guide (I don't have a choice of where and when, they control their tourists every second of the day)
- food for the guide for the duration of my Libyan crossing
- police registration
- coming to meet me at the border.
 
I am going to blow one third of my pension money on this trip. As I am single my biggest fear is that I will not get that old to enjoy my pension one day, so now I am going to enjoy it while I still can.
 
Soon I am going to advertise Naboom2Germany t-shirts, the same color and design as I am going to wear the whole trip, on the website. Included is a free DVD on the trips I did as prep. for the big one. Every t-shirt sold will cover a few inches of the Libyan crossing. Come on guys, buy your mother-in-law 10 t-shirts! She will love (most probably hate) you for that!
 
(Actually, that means there is one country where I NOT will get lost!!)

No comments: