Thursday, January 22, 2009

Another day, more excitement

I am on the road again, unfortunately not with the KLR.

We, an ex-FSA student and I, checked in this morning before 8.

I had to go to a lady on the left. She checked the passenger list, saw my name, and hesitated.

She walked to a gent standing in the background. There they had quite a long discussion. Annamie was on the opposite side at another lady.

My lady came back and fired questions at me. All the why's and why not's, as usual. It went on for quite a time.

She left again, spoke to the gent in the background. Also Annemi had to answer quite a lot of questions. Her lady left her standing there and went to the same gent.

For at least five minutes the three stood there, whispering. We couldn't hear anything.

In the mean time all the other passengers went through and completed their checking-in.

Our ladies came back. We had to follow them.

In a backroom we had to unpack everything. They took nearly an hour going through all our luggages. They took everything, even our cell phones. I could hear mine ringing, but wasn't allowed to answer.

They then did a body search on both of us. Even under the clothes ...

Nearly two hours later they told us that we were not allowed to take anything with on board. Nothing. Not even our cell phones. I wasn't allowed to buy anything in the duty free shops. I did go and buy something. The hell was loose in a very diplomatic way. I was treated like a naughty little boy. I even had to show her the receipt of my purchase. .

They fetched us two and another guy, took us to the aircraft and did another body search, again under the clothes. In the mean time the rest of the passengers arrtived and walked past us with their hand luggage and duty free bags. We three were not allowed to board with anything else except our passports.

Annemi and myself only could smile.

Why all the fuss about us two?

We don't know. We are prepared for further surprises.

Annemi is going to write in Afrikaans on our first day. Two perspectives. I look forward to reading her posting.

Regards to all of you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haai sterkte vir julle 2. Ons glo en vertrou op die Goeie Vader alles sal verder voorspoedig gaan!!