Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My KLR

You might be wondering why the postings of the last few weeks were posted on my motorcycle blog.

Often your journey is pre-destined. Quite often your final destination is not the destination that you had planned while at home.

That happened to me.

I was supposed to travel through Libya and Tunesia.

My Libyan guide disappeared. I had to turn east and travel through Israel.

There my ties with that wonderful and sad country were forged. With one foot on the one side, the other foot on the "other" side.

That was the reason for my return now.

I experienced so much hatred on both sides of the fence. And the poor, moderate people in the middle are crunched.

And the biggest losers are the children, on both sides of the fence.

I look forward to many more long trips with my KLR. There is still so much to discover.

No comments: